Wednesday, February 20, 2013

You + Me = 3

For those of you that haven't heard... Kurt and I will be expecting a new addition to the family on September 15th!!! I cannot express how ecstatic I am. I mean, this is what I have been waiting and preparing for my entire life. I don't know if most girls dream about being a mom as much as I do, but it's really all I've ever wanted. I was beginning to feel discouraged after 6 months of trying, but we got our little Christmas miracle! Kurt could probably do without me talking about it every second of the day, but I really can't help it. 10 and a half weeks into and it's still all I think about. I haven't been to the doctor yet. It's a really long story as to why, but in short our insurance wouldn't cover us unless we go in March. Right now I'm planning on probably around the 5th or so. I hope I'm not a terrible mom for waiting until the second trimester to see a doctor... Kurt and I just can't afford to go without insurance though. I have been trying really hard to take care of myself though... minus exercising. I could probably stand to do better in that regard. I'm practically a vegan right now though... well more like on the Mediterranean diet where I eat nuts and stuff. Anyways, I have been taking my vitamins, been trying to get plenty of rest, and at work I am on my feet running around all day, so I figure that counts as a form of exercise, right? Luckily, I haven't experienced too much nausea or morning sickness. I had a cold for a week and a half and am still dealing with a cough and some mucus issues, but other than that I feel great! 
Poor Kurt has been dealing with my selective diet the last few weeks. I haven't had any strong cravings or aversions; food just doesn't taste as good as it once did. In fact, it's kind of hard for me to be eating at all. I have a very low appetite, but my rumbling tummy is a constant reminder of how hungry I am. I have only gained two pounds so far... not quite sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. No bump really to speak of yet. My tummy is a little pudgy but I think it's mostly from being bloated. I'm already trying to wear bigger clothes so that I can't see the dreaded muffin top. No worries though; I'm anxious to have the real bump and can't WAIT to show it off. Here are a few of the landmark moments so far :-)

 It may be faint, but that is definitely a plus sign!


After I found out the big news, I didn't have a lot of time to think of a way to tell Kurt. We got a phone call to go hot tubbing, and since I can't be in hot water I had to be crafty and work with what I had at home. I pulled a Rhodes roll out of the freezer. I grabbed some blue food coloring and a toothpick and drew a baby face on the roll. I put it in the oven and waited for Kurt to come home. When he got there he asked if I was ready to go to the hot tub, and I said "Almost. I have something in the oven though. Could you get it for me?"
He went to the oven and pulled out the pan. He thought I was playing a game or something. He asked, "What is it?"
"It's a bun," I said.
"A bun?..."
"Yeah.... in the oven...."
"A bun in the oven.... OHHHH!!... Really?"
Followed by much cheering and hugs. 
Kinda silly for a last minute thing, but I wanted to at least try to be creative. 
More pics hopefully soon to come. 

Working and school and pregnant is not an easy combination, but for Right Here and Now I am happen to do it so that my family will have a better future. Besides, more good changes are on their way. Details to come!

2 comments:

  1. This is great! You are so cute &I'm so happy you are doing well and so happy! I didn't know you were in school, tho! I'll have to get an update from Dan... but I'm sure we'll be calling you on Sunday anyways. Love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! :) That is really exciting. You will be a good mom. :)

    ReplyDelete